Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions
1) We offer a hands off approach, customers are not insured to lend a hand with the move. Any damage causes by yourself does not cover you under our policy.
Access and parking
2) It is the customer’s responsibility to make sure our removal vans will have space to park, any parking fines will have to be paid by the customer.
3 )We leaving right to take extra for walking distance during loading/unloading if that not confirmed with us before quote is accepted. So please let us know if we cannot park directly outside the property. And we have more than a 15 meter walk from the door.
Notice of date change
4) All jobs can be cancelled/postponed free of charge more than 4 days before the agreed date of the job. However, if cancellation occurs less than 4 days before the agreed date, a charge of 50% from the original price will be applied. Unless otherwise agreed.
5) Waiting time is £40 per hour (2 hours free waiting time included in quote), so please make sure you confirm waiting times and charges with us before quote is accepted. Do take note, waiting time charges can be passed on to the estate agent, if they delay you getting your keys to the new place.
Dismantling of furniture
6) We are happy to dismantle furniture and resemble furniture, work that is not included in the quote, is reassembling furniture we did not dismantle. This must be agreed with us before the move in writing. We also cannot guarantee it will be reassembled the same way. As there is no way of knowing how it was dismantled previously. Extra charges will be applied here and must be agreed first with our staff.
7) We disconnect, re-connect, white goods, and are happy to go up into the loft, if well lit. And the flooring has been done.
8) All quotes come with 30k goods in transit insurance, and upwards, it is your responsibility to notify us, if you have an item worth more than this, or if your items together exceed more than 30k.
9) Our claim process is straight forward and simple, we need photo graphic evidence to process any claims, and like above, must be made with 78 hours after the move.
10) If a repair needs to take place, we will ask you to gather 3 quotes, we will also do our own research, and pay for the repair. If its a replacement, we may purchase a like for like, if we cannot repair.
11) We do not accept responsibility for lost items such as Jewellery, Watches, Precious Stones and Metals, Money, Coins, Deeds. These must be transported by yourself.
12) In the event of an accident involving an owner packed container where damage would have occurred irrespective of the quality of the packing, then our liability is limited to £100 or its actual value whichever is less.
13) When travelling internationally, all toll road fees and ferry fees will be included in the quote.
14) Damage Claim have to be made in 78 hours after your items delivered to your new home.
Do take note, a lot of home insurance policies to cover you for home removals, its worth double checking for extra coverage.
15) Our payment terms are cash on completion, bank transfer on the morning of the move, or credit or debit card on the day.
16) We shall have a right to withold and/or ultimately dispose of some or all of the goods until you have paid all our charges and any other payments due under this or any other Agreement.
17) We review our storage charges periodically. You will be given 3 months notice in writing of any increases.
Please inform us in advance if you have items such as pianos and safes, these items will require extra men and support on the day, failing to do so, may result in that item being left behind, or you having to pay more for the removal.
18). Determination of amount of our liability for loss or damage 18.1 Limited liability 18.1.1 If you do not provide us with a declaration of value of your goods or you do not require us to accept Standard Liability pursuant to clause 18.2 below, then in the event that we lose or damage your goods through our negligence or our breach of contract, we will pay you up to a maximum of £50.00 sterling for each item which is lost or damaged, to cover the cost of repairing or replacing that item. In this respect an item is defined as any one article, suite, pair, set, complete case, package, carton or other container.
18.1.2 We may choose to repair or replace the damaged or lost item. However if we choose the repair the item we will not be liable for any depreciation in value. 18.1.3 Other than because of our negligence, we will not be liable for any loss, damage or failure to deliver the goods if it is caused by any of the following circumstances: 18.1.4 Fire howsoever caused. 18.1.5 War, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), civil war, terrorism, rebellion and/or military coup, act of God, industrial action or other such events outside our reasonable control. 18.1.6 Normal wear and tear, natural or gradual deterioration, leakage or evaporation or from perishable or unstable goods. This includes goods left within furniture or appliances. 18.1.7 Cleaning, repairing or restoring unless we did the work. 18.1.8 Moth or vermin or similar infestation.
18.1.9 Electrical or mechanical derangement to any appliance, instrument or equipment unless there is evidence of external impact. 18.1.10 Additionally we will not be liable for any loss of or damage to: 18.1.11 Any goods in wardrobes, drawers or appliances, or in a package, bundle, case or other container not both packed and unpacked by us. 18.1.12 Jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stones or metals, money, deeds, securities, stamps, coins, or goods or collections of a similar kind, unless you have previously given us full information including value, and we have confirmed in writing that we will accept responsibility 18.1.13 Goods which have a relevant proven defect or are inherently defective. 18.1.14 Animals and their cages or tanks including pets, birds or fish. 18.1.15 Plants. 18.1.16 Refrigerated or frozen food or drink. 18.1.17 Other than because of our negligence, we will not be liable for damages or costs resulting indirectly from, or as a consequence of loss, damage, or failure to deliver the goods.
19) Standard Liability 19.2.1 If you provide us with a declaration of the value of your goods and you agree to pay an additional charge the amount of our liability to you will be as follows: 184.108.40.206 In the event of loss or damage caused by our negligence or breach of contract, our liability to you will be assessed as a sum equivalent to the cost of their repair or replacement, taking into account the age and condition of the goods immediately prior to their loss or damage but subject to a maximum liability of £30,000 (unless we have agreed a higher amount with you in writing). 220.127.116.11 Where the lost or damaged item is part of a pair or a set, our liability to you, where it is assessed to be the cost of replacement of that item, it is to be assessed as a sum equivalent to the cost of that item in isolation, not the cost of that item as part of a pair or set. 19.3 Any liability under clause 18.1 or 18.2 above is expressly subject to all or any other applicable exclusions set out elsewhere in this agreement 19.3.1 We are unable to offer standard liability on hourly priced work however you still have limited liability as written above.
19.3.2 The customer is liable for the first £250 for any claim. This excess applies to all claims unless agreed otherwise in writing. 19.4 An Item is defined as :- 1 9.4.1 The entire contents of a box, parcel, package, carton, or similar container; and 19.4.2 Any other object or thing that is moved, handled or stored by us.
20. Damage to premises or property other than goods 20.1 Because third party contractors are frequently present at the time of collection or delivery our liability for loss or damage is limited as follows: 20.1.1 If we cause loss or damage to premises or property other than goods for removal as a result of our negligence or breach of contract, our liability shall be limited to making good the damaged area only. 20.1.2 If we cause damage as a result of moving goods under your express instruction, against our advice, and where to move the goods in the manner instructed is likely to cause damage, we shall not be liable. 20.1.3 If we are responsible for causing damage to your premises or to property other than goods submitted for removal and/or storage, you must note this on the worksheet or delivery receipt as soon as practically possible and confirmed in writing to us within seven days unless you request a reasonable extension which we agree in writing.
21. Exclusions of liability 21.1 In respect of Limited Liability, we will not be liable for loss of or damage to your goods as a result of fire or explosion howsoever that fire or explosion was caused, unless we have been negligent or in breach of contract. 21.2 In respect of Standard Liability and Limited Liability, other than as a result of our negligence or breach of contract we will not be liable for any loss of, damage to, or failure to produce the following goods :- 21.2.1 Bonds, Securities, Stamps of all kinds, Manuscripts or other Documents or Electronically held Data Records, Mobile Telephones 21.2.2 Plants or goods likely to encourage vermin or other pests or to cause infestation or contamination. 21.2.3 Perishable items and/or those requiring a controlled environment. 21.2.4 Furs exceeding £100 in value, Jewellery, Watches, Precious Stones and Metals, Money, Coins, Deeds. 21.2.5 Any animals, birds or fish. 21.3 In respect of Standard Liability and Limited Liability, other than as a result of our negligence or breach of contract we will not be liable for any loss of, damage to, or failure to produce the goods if caused by any of the following circumstances:- 21.3.1 By war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), civil war, terrorism, rebellion and/or military coup, Act of God, industrial action or other such events outside our reasonable control. 21.3.2 Loss or damage arising from ionising radiations or radioactive contamination 21.3.3 Loss or damage arising from Chemical, Biological, Bio-chemical, Electromagnetic Weapons and Cyber Attack
21.3.4 Indirect or consequential loss of any kind or description 21.3.5 By normal wear and tear, natural or gradual deterioration, leakage or evaporation or from perishable or unstable goods. This includes goods left within furniture or appliances. 21.3.6 By vermin, moth, insects and similar infestation, damp, mould, mildew or rust 21.3.7 By cleaning, repairing or restoring unless we arranged for the work to be carried out. 21.3.8 By change to atmospheric or climatic conditions. 21.3.9 For any goods in wardrobes, drawers or appliances, or in a package, bundle, carton, case or other container not both packed and unpacked by us. 21.3.10 Loss of or damage to china, glassware and fragile items unless they have been both professionally packed and unpacked by us or our Subcontractor. In the event of an accident involving an owner packed container where damage would have occurred irrespective of the quality of the packing, then our liability is limited to £100 or its actual value whichever is less. 21.3.11 For electrical or mechanical derangement to any appliance, instrument, clock, computer or other equipment unless there is evidence of related external damage. 21.3.12 Loss or damage of motor vehicles caused by scratching, denting and marring unless you obtain from us a pre-collection condition report. 21.3.13 Loss or damage to a vehicle whilst being driven or for the purpose of being driven under its own power other than for the purpose of loading onto or unloading from the carrying conveyance or container. Loss or damage sustained by accessories and removable items unless lost with the vehicle 21.3.14 For any goods which have a pre-existing defect or are inherently defective. 21.4 No employee of ours shall be separately liable to you for any loss, damage, mis-delivery, errors or omissions under the terms of this Agreement. 21.5 Our liability will cease upon handing over goods from our warehouse or upon completion of delivery.
COOKIES ARE NOT USED ON OUR WEBSITE.
DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY
The only information we have is what is provided to us via the lead generation companies we use.
We do not store or sell information on at any point.
No further marketing is done with your contact details other than an EJMoves Ltd agent getting in touch directly to provide a quotation for a house move, office move or clearance.
We may hold information of customer’s who have a contract with us for storage of their goods. We will communicate directly with the customer, and have no need or means to sell on data.
As you know that The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to check that your personal data is being processed, you may get in contact with your sales agent or email email@example.com if you want/need more information.
CHANGES TO THE POLICY